The Ultimate Showdown: Neon vs LED Signs – Which One Should You Choose?
Neon vs. LED Signs: Which is the Best?
Which is better: LED or neon signs? It is possible to invest in LEDs and neon signs for your company. Both have bright lights and can produce appealing colors. Which is superior?
Both neon and LED signs offer advantages in different categories. LED signs, for example, are more energy efficient than neon signs. If you’re looking for an office sign that has a longer life span then neon signs are the better option.
LED and neon signs are both appealing. However, one is a superior choice over the other, based on the category. Are you looking for a more affordable option or one that is brighter? Are you more comfortable with the energy-efficient sign you can use for your company? Here’s a quick overview of LED and neon signs. LED signs for your quick reference.
What are Neon Signs?
Neon lights are a kind of light bulb that is extremely reliable and long-lasting. It’s almost like a fluorescent light. They are made out of bent and heated fluorescent gas-discharge tubes with various designs and letters.
Custom neon signs were in use from the 1920s to the 1960s. But with the emergence of LED technology, they were made obsolete in the early 1990s. Neon signs are available in yellow, blue, and green, along with white.
The combination of argon gas and a drop of mercury creates the hues. The atoms get brighter as an electric current passes through the tube electrodes.
Advantages of Neon Signs
- The neon signs can be utilized for a longer pepperidge gas used in neon signs can last up to 15 years prior to replacing it.
- Temperature ResistanceSigns made of neon can be able to withstand low and high temperatures caused by rain, snow, and sun. The best neon signs won’t overheat.
- Numerous Color Options Neon signs offer an array of color options. You can create almost any color and shade.
- Compatible with other materials – Neon signs can be combined with other elements, such as plastic or glass. Due to its low temperature of heating, neon signs are very easy to integrate with other components.
Neon Signs • The drawbacks
- The Lifespan of Electrical parts may not be longer than. Parts that are electrically connected to neon signs, such as the transformer will last less time. Therefore, it is always advisable to consider investing in a more durable transformer.
- More Expensive – The size and extent of your design determine the price of the neon sign. A neon sign will be more expensive than a LED sign.
- Cost More To Run – Running neon lights is more costly than running LED signage. An average LED sign will cost about $80 per year, while the most distinctive neon sign will cost about $228 per year. It’s just a comparison and the price could vary based on the use and electrical price changes.
What are LED Signs?
LED is a short form for light-emitting diode. The tiny pieces of Light Emitting Diodes are close together in a thick plastic backing, which can be bent into your chosen shape. It can also be trimmed to the length that you need for your business signage.
Benefits of LED Signs
- Energy-efficient LED signposts consume up to 75 percent less energy than conventional incandescent lamps. Furthermore, they consume less energy than neon signs.
- Lower Cost– Business signs with LED are around 10% less expensive to create and purchase than neon signs.
- The versatility of the use is impossible to change the neon sign after you’ve installed it. However, you can modify the display of LEDs as frequently as you want with any messages that you choose.
- Power Utilization LED displays consume between 5 and 10 times less energy than neon signs, which results in substantial long-term cost savings.
- Maintenance – It is essential to replenish the gasses of neon tubes and this is best left to an (expensive) specialist. However, LED signs do not require it, making them maintenance-free.
There are disadvantages to LED signage.
- Not as bright – Neon signs offer more lumens per watt than LED lights. However, it isn’t nearly as brilliant as neon signs.
- Do Not Cut Through Fog – LED signage will not cut through fog as easily as neon signage that is traditional.
Neon Vs. LED Signs – Which is more effective?
So, let’s get to the most important points. The first step is to examine an in-depth look at the distinctions between neon signs and LED signs. Find the best choice between neon. Also, you can use LED signs.
Neon Vs. LED Signs: Price
Although the initial cost for LED neon signs and neon are the same, LED neon signs tend to be more affordable. Still, the cost of both LEDs and neons differ based on the size and design you select. The price differs between LED and neon signs depends on how much lighting you choose to use.
For large outdoor display, LED is around 10% less expensive than neon signs. But it would help if you considered whether the savings are worth the cost.
Neon Vs. LED Signs: Power Usage
While custom neon signs require less power, they still require more voltage than an LED signs. LED lights require less power for secondary purposes than neon lights, making them a more energy-efficient choice for lighting and signage.
Neon displays that are large can need up to 15,000 V to run, while LEDs require only 24 V to work. Therefore, if you’re planning an outdoor event that is massive and you’re weighing the pros and cons of LED or neon, LEDs may help you save cash in the long term.
It is very similar to run neon or LED lighting for small-scale signs and light displays. There’s a very small difference in the costs of running neon and LED lighting for small light displays or signs. It’s also crucial to keep in mind that energy efficiency is measured in amperage. A standard neon sign requires less than one amp.
Neon Vs. Maintenance of LED Signs
LED signage needs essentially no maintenance and is significantly less expensive in operating expenses. The neon signs are more challenging to keep in colder climates where ice or snow can cause problems. Additionally, issues with maintenance require the attention of a knowledgeable expert, and this can increase the cost.
Neon vs. LED Signs: Safety
Since neon signs employ high-voltage technology and real glass tubing, there is always the chance of breaking which requires special disposal procedures. LEDs, however, are very safe since they emit very only a small amount of heat and are shockproof. LED signage is also free of hazardous components such as mercury and phosphor.
Neon vs. Neon vs. LED Signs: Intensity
LED signs emit a cooler and less appealing light than neon signage. On the other hand neon signs are more bright and can be seen from further away.
Neon Vs. LED Signs: Accessibility
Neon signs can be found in a variety of colors, and you can design them in a variety of ways. They are able to assist you in any way you want and are dependable.
Neon Vs. Neon Vs. LED Signs Curb Appeal
The light that neon signs emit is warm and inviting and that is the reason they have remained so popular with companies worldwide. The neon light conjures up vintage glamour and grandeur. However LED lights are dazzling yet might appear cold, stiff, and harsh on the eyes.
Here are some more outdoor business signs to advertise your business.
Neon vs. LED Signs – Which Is the best?
The most important factor to consider when choosing between neon and. The key to selecting between LED signs and neon is understanding their intended use. Neon signs are a great alternative if your business has an old-fashioned look and want original signage but aren’t worried about the cost. Signs that are custom-designed are the ideal choice if your signs need to be outside but still have a neon effect.
Deciding on the type of sign you’d like is a major decision. We’ve got experienced business sign designers and installers if you’re struggling to decide. Our years of expertise, modern equipment and expertise can make it simple to design a sign for your business.