Neon Sign Longevity: Understanding Lifespan and Maintenance Tips
Neon signs are a common choice for businesses looking for an appealing way to promote their services or products. But how long can neon signs last? What kind of maintenance are they required? For more information, check out Orant Neon’s post below!
1. What length can you leave a neon sign up?
LED Neon signs are very well-liked because of their vibrant colors and attractive designs. They’re often used to advertise businesses and attract the attention of special occasions. How long can a neon sign last? To find out more about how long neon signs will last, read on!
1.1 LED signs
LED neon signs can be used continuously for up to 50.000 hours. A failure can usually be caused by the circuit board or transformer. If the warranty is expired, a cost-effective replacement can be made. Unlike Glass Neon, LEDs cannot be repaired once they’ve passed the point of no return in their useful life.
1.2 Glass neon
Glass neon signs can be used continuously for up to 75,000 hours. They can however be re-gassed once they have been used up (filled with fresh Neon gas). The Glass Neon sign will last for many years If you take good care of it. Glass neon signs are more costly than LED signs.
2. The factors that determine the life expectancy of neon signs
Several factors could affect the life span of neon lights, including the durability of the materials used and how they are erected. In this article, we’ll examine the various factors that affect how they affect the lifespan of a neon sign.
2.1 Transformer Life
The lifespan of your neon sign transformer will last between 8 and 15 years. The only factor influencing the figures is how often and effectively you use your signs. A sign used indoors will last longer than one that is placed outside.
The life span of a neon sign depends on its transformer
If used outdoors and exposed to the sun Transformers are susceptible to damage and won’t last as long as indoor signs.
The LED neon sign that is exposed to the incorrect source of power will quickly be damaged. The lifespan of neon lights that flash is reduced due to the incorrect power source.
2.3 Tube Live
Glass tubes that emit light usually last between 8 to 15 years. If the conditions are right and maintained properly it could be worth the most value for your money. The type of signs used to apply the coatings can affect their lifespan. They can last up to ten years.
2.4 Power Supply
The duration of time that the sign stays up can also be affected by issues with an unsteady power supply. When the sign is being installed you must inform the installer. A reliable neon sign maker will guarantee the system’s high caliber.
>> Continue reading: Neon Colors, How to Choose Them?
3. How can you prolong the life span of neon light bulbs?
These are some easy ways to extend the life of your neon sign
- If you use the sign indefinitely, it is suggested that you shut it down for 24 hours at least every 14 days -This will allow the transformer and the light bulb (for LED signs) an opportunity to rest for so long that they are overheated.
- If they permit it you may dim the neon lights for a certain period of time.
- Make sure to clean the signs of dust regularly. If signs aren’t cleaned the signs can be damaged by dirt. to fade.
- Neon signposts should not be removed from the circuit every day as they can cause wear and wear and tear.
- Maintenance of neon signs must be done often.
- Our mission is to provide top-quality products at an affordable cost.
- All outdoor and indoor signs come with a guarantee of 24 months to cover any defects.
- Orant Neon’s neon flex technology is modern and stronger than the traditional glass neon.
- The LED neon light signs are economical and eco-friendly due to their low power consumption and lifespan of more than 100,000 hours.
- Orant Neon uses heat-free light tubes that are not broken or damaged glass to make our custom neon signs.